Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
World War II Memorial

Posted by Jim_in_AV (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 12:23

Here's a shot of my WWII Memorial now in it's second year. I got this from Hortico as a twig and I do mean twig. It is now 2 feet tall and I counted 30 buds (so far). I almost thought there were too many buds for it's size but I guess the rose knows. I can't wait for the blooming to start!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: World War II Memorial

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 14:15

Oh my! It looks very healthy and happy! Be sure to post a pic when all those buds bloom!

o

Jim, your rose looks fabulous! So healthy and vigorous and that for an Hybrid Tea rose! I adore the color of this particular one and wanted it for years, but my pot ghetto at the moment is still too big to justify to buy any new roses.
Please, post photos as the flowers open and, of course, enjoy your lovely rose!

Christina

o

Now that`s what I`ve been missing! Outstanding and it will be glorious. No spring here in KY…ice storm tonight so this picture is very uplifting. Beautiful rose.
Lesley

o

Very nice - It looks so healthy! Please show pictures when it blooms.

o

It looks so happy and healthy! I can't wait to see pictures of the blooms, they are beautiful.

o

Yowzers!!!! Looks fantastic. I can hardly wait to see them open!! I live vicariously through you warm zoners right now!!
Carol

o

I am growing this rose and I think it is outstanding.

o

Here it is starting to bloom.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 16, 14 at 12:44

Lovely! I like the pale color.

o

Just beautiful. I hope we will be blooming within a month but until then, these lovely pictures will have to do. Thank you for sharing your pictures!

o

Jim, where are you located? Must be Florida or California? I am in S. Louisiana and I am just started to get buds, maybe a few weeks behind you yet. I hope to get something similar to that, though.

o

That's a lovely rose. Thank you for sharing.

o

Jockewing, I'm in SoCal in the desert. We had a mild winter here so my roses are a few weeks ahead of schedule.

o

Wow....thanks.....this is a gift until we can enjoy our own roses!

o

Oh that's beautiful!!!
Well done!!
Looks like a fantastic rose!
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here