Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Souvenir de la malmaison

Posted by boncrow66 8 Tx (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 12:27

I am interested in possibly planting sdlm. Is it hardy in my zone 8(SE tx) and how tall does it get? It look like a beautiful rose, any info will be helpful. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Souvenir de la malmaison

• Posted by AquaEyes 7 New Brunswick, NJ (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 15:29

I can't say much about how it would do for you (I'm in NJ), but this rose is rather popular among the antique roses fans. I imagine you'll get a lot more responses if you repost this on the antiques forum (linked below).

:-)

~Christopher

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique Roses Forum

o

• Posted by AquaEyes 7 New Brunswick, NJ (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 15:31

Also read through the results of a search for the rose's name linked below. As you'll see, 'Souvenir de la Malmaison' gets talked about a lot.

:-)

~Christopher

Here is a link that might be useful: Search results for Souvenir de la Malmaison

o

Thanks I will post there too.

o

It does well here in the heat and humidity of Florida and is a heavy bloomer so far.

o

SOUVENIR DE LA MALMAISON is beloved throughout the Mid-Atlantic and the Deep South. It does particularly well in heat and humidity when other roses fail. It is also more resistant to black spot than most modern roses. This petite Bourbon is considered a classic and a most have for those who adore Old Garden Roses. Although short (it tops out at 3 feet and just as wide) it is vigorous and grows well on its own roots. You should definitely get it.

Image of SdlM by Archduke-z7b-8a-DFX-TX at Hortiplex

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here