Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Duchesse de Brabant in Zone 6b?

Posted by tapdogly NJ (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 28, 12 at 13:37

Have anyone grown Duchesse de Brabant in Zone 6b. Some sites say that DDB is hardy to Zone 7, while one site,davidgarden.com, seems to say that it can be grown in Zone 5.

On another note, if you have grown Madame Isaac Periece in NJ, could you share your insight/experience as well? In your opinion, do you find the plant/flower "graceful"? I know "Graceful" of course is an extremely subjective word, but it is best that I can come up with in terms of describing the quality that is most important to me for a rose.

Thanks,
Mark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Duchesse de Brabant in Zone 6b?

I grow Duchesse de Brabant, and it does seem to be a Tea that is tolerant of a cold zone. I grow it as a compact bedding rose.

I also grow Mme Isaac Pereire, and it is graceful. I grow it as a free standing shrub. It grows larger in a warm zone. It has wonderfully fragrant blooms, and repeat bloom is good.

o

Krista -- Thank you! I was planning on growing Mmme Isaac Pereire (sorry that I got the names all wrong in the first posting) as a standalone bush/shrub instead of a climber. How old is your Mmme Isaac Pereire, and how big does it get in your garden?

Rosarians -- anyone grow Eden climber as a standalone bush in Zone 6 or colder area?

o

My MIP is about 6 years old. It's approximately 5 feet tall and almost as wide.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here