Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lizzy_16

Pink Intuition

Lizzy_16
12 years ago

Hi,

My name is Lizzy and I have been trying to find Pink Intuition Roses. I am NEW to gardens, I ordered 3 roses from J&P and have bought two from the local nursery for my birthday so they are a little over a week since planted. But I have not seen any pink intuition roses. I fell in love with them when my dad bought them for me on my 16th birthday 4 yrs ago. I have seen them on Wisconsin roses but I am a bit skeptical because the ones that I got from J&P the bare root ones look kind of dead and the steams looked dried out. But if you scratch at the stem there is green underneath. Please leave me some tips on how to take care of roses since this is my first time ever and where I can find the Pink Intuition. Thank You(:!!! Oh yes and I live in South Texas where the temperature can reach to 112 degrees:p So would that mean I need to take extra care of them?

Comments (6)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    12 years ago

Here's a list of 'Pink Intuition' sellers. They are all considered to be fairly reliable vendors.

Bare roots can be soaked before planting to rehydrate them. However, the fresher the better.

You may need to spray your roses with fungicide to keep the foliage on them.

In very hot climates, afternoon shade may be of help in preserving the beauty and extending the life of the flowers.

Here is a link that might be useful: pink intuition vendors @ helpmefind roses

• ken-n.ga.mts
    12 years ago

Try to get your Pink Intuition from Cool Roses. They bud their roses on to fortuniana root stock. This understock should grow like a weed in your area. You will receive a plant in the mail that is growing in a pot (usually 1 gal.) ready to be put in your garden. A lot of times you will have a bud or bloom on your plant. Give it a little room. Within 2 yrs your bush should be 5 ft tall by 3-4 ft wide. By the way, welcome to the crazyness of growing roses. Stick around, read, learn and enjoy. Don't forget one thing. What works way up north may not work for your area. Keep your bare root roses a little damp for several weeks. Don't flood them. Enjoy!!!

• Lizzy_16
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for the posts!!(: I went into helpmefind roses and it was REALLY helpful:D I also went into cool roses and saw some that caught my attention and I am looking into buying some. For the foliage, if I were to spray it, do i do it once a week or everyday? Thanks ken-n.ga.mts for the welcome lol I hope to stay interested and have some great adventures growing roses:D

• ken-n.ga.mts
    12 years ago

Check your big box stores for Ortho's Black spot control. Buy a little 1 gal pump sprayer. Follow directions on Ortho's label and spray once a week. When living in Fl, that was 52 weeks a year. There are a few roses around that don't need to be sprayed. That will come as you get more comfortable with roses. Everyone has their opinion about spraying roses. I have found that most of the roses I enjoy growing require spraying. It keeps the foliage clean and happy which in turn makes me happy. There are different things in life where you have to put in a little extra effort to get the results you desire. That's in ALL phases of life. It totally depends on you and what you want to put into anything to get the results you want. Is life perfect?? No. As you will find in rose growing. There are some beautiful roses out there that flat will not perform In your area. I ran into that problem when I first started growing roses. There are a LOT of roses out there that grow and bloom like crazy no mater where you live in the lower 48. While you are looking at the Cool Roses web page you might want to take a GOOD, HARD look at Belinda's Dream. Where in S.Texas do you live. S.Texas has quite a few rose societies. Most of these folks have been growing roses in Texas for years. They can give you a good idea what works great in your area. Don't buy to many roses to start off with. Buy a few and grow those few until you get comfortable with what you are doing. Over doing everything and getting overwhelmed will burn you out in a few short years.

• Lizzy_16
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh okay I see, I will ask my parents to go look for Ortho's Black Spot Control for the roses. I am located DEEP in the South, Mexico is less than 15 minutes away so on the border i guess. I was actually looking at the Belinda's Dream in class and I liked what I read. So far I have purchased the First Prize which already bloomed one rose ( trying to post a pic but idk how), and I have a Dolly Parton, Pope John II, Rose Wild Blue Yonder, and a Double Delight. My dad is looking into buying a couple more since we started doing the landscaping at the house and he wants a section just of roses for me. I saw one on J&P that looked similar to the Pink Intuition (but I won't be purchasing from J&P again) its called Rasberry Swirl hybrid tea rose. What is the difference between that one and the Pink Intuition?

• Lizzy_16
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh okay I see, I will ask my parents to go look for Ortho's Black Spot Control for the roses. I am located DEEP in the South, Mexico is less than 15 minutes away so on the border i guess. I was actually looking at the Belinda's Dream in class and I liked what I read. So far I have purchased the First Prize which already bloomed one rose ( trying to post a pic but idk how), and I have a Dolly Parton, Pope John II, Rose Wild Blue Yonder, and a Double Delight. My dad is looking into buying a couple more since we started doing the landscaping at the house and he wants a section just of roses for me. I saw one on J&P that looked similar to the Pink Intuition (but I won't be purchasing from J&P again) its called Rasberry Swirl hybrid tea rose. What is the difference between that one and the Pink Intuition?

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area