Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snowfire Hybrid Tea Rose

Posted by skayc1 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 14, 11 at 15:04

I just purchased a bareroot 'Snowfire' Hybrid Tea Rose. Has anyone grown this rose? in another site I saw some that are stunning with the reverse coloring, some that look almost all red, and others that look paler. Is this plant better in morning Sun, afternoon sun, or full sun? I know the amount of sun affects the colors of some of my roses, and I'm trying to decide where it will go.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snowfire Hybrid Tea Rose

I grew this plant a decade or so ago. The color when the bloom was fine was a decent bicolor; however, most of the time the bloom was not fine and the plant was suffering from multiple ills of mildew and blackspot. JimD

o

I still have this and really like it, except for the KILLER thorns! Pruning is hazardous, but it is a nice rose for me. Mine is in full sun.

o

Yep, she's a thorny one.

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 16, 11 at 20:15

I have Snowfire and it's a huge red/white rose but it's very slow to start each spring, a disease magnet and the blooms tend to ball in my humidity. And all that's besides the awful thorns! I keep it because my brother picked it out and he likes it...and occasionally it can be gorgeous!
Photobucket

o

I still keep this rose purchased many years ago only because of her unique color combo. As far as the plant characteristics go she is a dog. Always covered with black spot, slow to grow, low production and not very vigorous.
Requires spraying all the time to give decent blooms.
I may get rid of her as I don't have time for fussy underperformers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here