Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jasminerose4u

Size of Blue for You rose

Hello:
I live in southern California. In front of my house, I have planted a Blue for You floribunda rose that will go next to Honey Bouquet and Tequila Supreme, also floribundas. On Help Me Find Roses, I read that Blue for You can get up to 6'7" tall, whereas the other roses are around 4' tall. I didn't consider the height of Blue for You before I purchased the rose, because I thought a floribunda is a floribunda (newbie mistake). What I would like to know is, can I prune Blue for You to manage the height or does this rose want to be a sky scraper? If it isn't manageable, I may find another location for this rose.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

Comments (4)

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    10 years ago

I actually have two of them. The larger and older of the two wants to be about 4-1/2 to 5 ft tall and about 4 ft wide. It may be different in California. I do prune it in the spring back to about 2 ft tall. It is not a skyscraper or octopus here like some other varieties. It just gets to be a large bush.

• Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. When it is time, I will prune to 2 feet then.

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    10 years ago

You can also simply take off a little extra every time you dead-head. It slows down rebloom a bit, but keeps the plant looking tidy throughout our long growing season.

• Jasminerose, California, USDA 9b/Sunset 18
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, hoovb. I'll do that. I'm looking forward to the plant blooming.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!