Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's officially Spring!

Posted by dublinbay z6 KS (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 19:05

How do I know?

Received my first roses of the season today--from David Austin--They are Munstead Woods and Scepter'd Isle--I'm so excited. Big fat healthy bareroots. They are soaking right now --and tomorrow it will be 70 degrees, so you can guess what I'll be doing!

Or if you can't, you don't belong on this forum!

HHRD--haven't seen that expression around here in some time, but that is how I feel right now!

Oh yes--and nature agrees. Yesterday one of my three forsythia bushes had ONE yellow flower blooming--should be quite a few blooming by tomorrow. Time to start pruning also.

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's officially Spring!

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 19:11

Congrats, you lucky dog! Even my snowdrops haven't bloomed yet here. More snow to come this week too.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 19:12

Congrats, you lucky dog! Even my snowdrops haven't bloomed yet here. More snow to come this week too.

o

Have fun! It is wonderful when the roses arrive.

Seil, I grow snowdrops, too, love those little bulbs.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 21:21

Woohoo!!! I received my Palatine order today and the bareroots are soaking in my garage! Can't wait to get them in the ground this weekend :) No snowdrops here, but our daffodils are in full bloom....and today was the first day I noticed the quince and forsythia blooming.....spring is here!!!!

Tammy

o

• Posted by jim1961 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 22:13

Congrats!
Things still asleep here but soon they will springing to life! :)

o

Got my palatine order... 3 soaking in laundry tub. About a month too soon. What can I say? I get anxious and order early. Will pot them up this weekend. Regan, Austin, RV, Heirloom , coming in April.....and snow coming this weekend : C. Send some of that spring our way!

o

Its snowing here. I did transplant two roses this week.

o

Oh, harry--we need some rose dust to sprinkle on you --so you can jump up and down three times and wish real hard for spring to come to your garden--NOW!

Kate

o

Omg! I ordered Munstead Wood last Friday, and they shipped it today! Since I am in DFW, I am hoping it will get here by Wed. So excited!!

Did you order the ownroot or grafted version of MW?

o

Omg! I ordered Munstead Wood last Friday, and they shipped it today! Since I am in DFW, I am hoping it will get here by Wed. So excited!!

Did you order the ownroot or grafted version of MW?

o

msjam--I think my Munstead is grafted. Ordered it from David Austin.

Where did you order yours? I tried to get a second one with my order last fall/early winter for delivery this spring, and I could not find another one anywhere--all were sold out! Since then, I found a different rose (Pompenella) that I really want, so it all turned out fine, but I'm curious where another Munstead was found after I thought I had scoured everywhere.

I'm excited about it--hope it lives up to its catalog copy.

Kate

o

It's the beginning of the most exciting time of the rose year and, best of all, I have many baby roses that will bloom for the first time this spring (I hope!). I'm most excited about Young Lycidas, Lady Alice Stanley, Earth Song and Pink Rosette.

Ingrid

o

• Posted by jim1961 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 13:55

In the 30's here with snow still on the ground...:(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here