Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wanttogarden

Has anyone received confirmation from VG?

wanttogarden
11 years ago

I placed a couple of online orders last week after they announced that they will be closing soon. I have not received any confirmation email from them yet. I know they are very busy so I will not call them just yet. But I don't want to wait too long to find out that for some reason my orders did not go through.

Has anyone else received confirmation email for orders placed this week?

Thanks,
FJ

Comments (21)

• TNY78
    11 years ago

I was wondering the same thing. I ordered Tuesday and haven't heard back yet either. I'm sure they're just busy though...although I always worry that my email didn't go through :(

Tammy

• happyret65
    11 years ago

I ordered on March 2nd, received automated response by email that day. I received a pdf copy of my order and shipping date on March 6th.
    I, also, had a question for them by email and they responded the next day this past week.

• bluegirl_gw
    11 years ago

I ordered Mar. 6th by e-mail but haven't received confirmation.

• Tuggy3
    11 years ago

I received an acknowledgment of my order on March 6th but not a confirmation or shipping date. Mary

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    11 years ago

I also ordered on Tuesday then added twice more and havent heard. They may be swamped with orders, but I worry and may call on Monday.....

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    11 years ago

I understand all of you being anxious about whether or not what you wanted will ship, but stop and think: with only the two of them processing all of these "last" orders, how on earth can you expect them to keep up in a timely fashion? They've never let us down before. I think the best thing you can do for them is to give them *extra* patience! (Think how disruptive it is when you're trying your darnedest to get something completed to have to stop and answer the phone every few minutes. I can only imagine what they are going through, can't you?)

• nastarana
    11 years ago

I am more concerned about getting my first choices than I am about receiving confirmation, which I think is likely to take awhile.

It has been nice this last year, when volume of orders was low, to be receiving confirmations for the very rare roses I was ordering. Selfish, I know, but, oh my, I get to grow Sappho, Aanchen von Tharau among other rarities.

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Anne, I don't think any off us are complaining about not getting confirmations. Just the ones of us who emailed our orders in are concerned that maybe our emails didn't get to them. You know how technology can be :)

I'm happy to patiently wait, but if an email was not sent properly, you hate to put your name ever further down the list and have some of your first choices sell out.

I completely understand that there's only Gregg and Gita sorting through everything...I give them credit for running VG and its huge inventory as well as they do!

Tammy

11 years ago

Confirmation doesnt worry me - making sure they received my orders does. Once, I sent an email and for whatever reason, Gita didnt get it and they sold out of what I wanted even tho my email was sent in immediately and technically, I was first in line to get it. Nevertheless, I didnt - which is why I am anxious to hear. I can only imagine they are swamped and dont worry about hearing immediately - just worry that they received my emails.
    Judith

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

I received confirmation about a week to ten days after my first order, but of course haven't had confirmation about the roses I ordered about three days ago. I didn't e-mail my order but just went through the regular ordering process. I wonder if it's quicker that way.

• bluegirl_gw
    11 years ago

I got a confirmation e-mail for the order I placed yesterday on the website (which seems to be working better now).

but no official notice of the e-mailed order from Mar. 6, when the website wouldn't work for me.

No stated shipping time but I pretty much left that open with a comment like "ship when plants are mature" or whatever.

11 years ago

I got confirmation from Gregg yesterday on teh first order - didnt get all I wanted but most - and got confirmation on two more today. I am sure they are working through them as fast as they can.
    Judith

• TNY78
    11 years ago

yeah!! I heard too :) they must be working on Tuesday's orders! I got all of my choices except Gloire Lyonnaise...so I'm going to choose another so the box is full. Exciting!

Tammy

This post was edited by TNY78 on Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 18:33

• raingoaway12
    11 years ago

I added to my first order from last fall. I have not gotten confirmation on it. I also wanted to add a rose that is not on their site and I put in a request for that rose by email. I am sure they have a lot of orders to process right now. I hope they got my email.

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Last Tuesday I added to my order again, but haven't heard back...hopefully tomorrow :)

• bluegirl_gw
    11 years ago

I added Sunday night & got confirmation today. Also got a confirmation of the Mar 6 e-mail order last Saturday.

So they're running at 24 hr confirmation on website orders, 6-7 days on the e-mailed ones, at least for me.

I was pleased to received ALL selections on the Mar 6 order, so even though the confirmation lagged a week, I think the order was pulled at once because I saw several selections get pulled from the available list before the confirmation came.

• Kippy
    11 years ago

I just emailed them, my order for a catalog was placed on the 4th and I still have not heard back or gotten the catalog.

• bluegirl_gw
    11 years ago

The catalog runs slow. They said they mail them out once a month so it can run 4 weeks or more to get, but boy, is it worth the wait.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

I got my confirmation today. They will be sending the ones they have in stock, but they are not taking any more custom root orders. So, I guess I won't be getting the two custom root ones I wanted unless something changes somewhere along the line.

• raingoaway12
    11 years ago

I got confirmation of additions to my first order on Monday. I am still wondering if the import roses which they did not sell out of two years ago will be available again this year to purchase.

• susan4952
    11 years ago

Lots of the import roses are not ready to ship this year. I ordered two years ago and am still waiting. I have only received the email requesting that I not contact them. I know they are swamped.