Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carlota_gw

tweeting roses?

carlota
11 years ago

Hi,
I am wondering if folks here use twitter to talk about their roses and ask questions? I have this belief that this forums support and knowledge would be great during a rose crisis or while at the nursery torn between roses and unsure which to buy. I don't use twiiter although I got an account to check it out.
For example, I am itching to get a new rose bush or two...maybe three...and would love to hear suggestions and ideas. Also, Mothers day and my anniversary are coming soon and I need to tell my dh what to get.
Carlota

Comments (9)

• Kippy
    11 years ago

That would be helpful for some one like me

I get the nursery with list in hand, and then....wow lookie at all the pretties now what was I here for?

• carlota
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I admit to indecision and distracted forgetfulness at the nursery, too. There are also times when faced with so many beauties I suddenly want roses I that I don't know. Disease resistance? Fragrance? How big does it grow, really? I would be thrilled to be shopping and know I could tweet out a question and there would be others who might have answers and/or suggestions.
    Admittedly, I do believe I might buy more then planned...hehe More roses!
    Is there a downside?

• cecily
    11 years ago

Hey Carlota, its great to see you posting again!
    I'm insanely jealous that you have nurseries available locally that stock enough roses to cause you indecision. All my rose purchases are on the internet so I can spend many happy hours researching my choices (good for someone in BS country) but I never have the thrill of a find. Dang Californians.

• carlota
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Cecily,
    I am thrilled to be posting and seeing old friends. I don't think I could change my climate, I love my year 'round blooms.
    Is the tweet idea a bad one? I was thinking hashtag GWRoses might work for us. Lol, I spent days looking up how to work twitter. I love the conversations here but the off topic area seems to have slowed down. Could this be the spark the forum needs to rejuvenate?
    Rosy smiles,
    Carlota

• buford
    11 years ago

I know there is #rosechat and redneckrosarian who tweet a lot, but I don't know if they would be able to answer questions on the fly. I started a twitter account for our Rose Group, but it's mostly to announce meetings and other events. But yes, a hash tag of #GWR might help.

If you have a smart phone, you could always go on HMF on your browser. Or maybe someone could develop an app linking to HMF or ARS database! Now that is an idea.

• catsrose
    11 years ago

If you can tweet, you can probably get HMF on your phone and find all the info you need. The only additional useful advice would be from local people who have had experience with the given rose. If the rose works for your climate, you are the only one who can decide whether or not to get it.

• carlota
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My apologies, for being silent again. I had 'stuff' to deal with, yikes. I will use #gwroses for a tweet and lets all give it a try. As for apps, I can ask my dh for an assist if that would benefit us addicted to roses?
    Let's get this gw rose twitter party started.

• ms. violet grey
    10 years ago

On Instagram, the popular hashtags are #rosechat #davidaustin #gardenchat

• carlota
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I posted my days glee abt my rose abbaye de cluny. Did it work?