Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose's on multiflora rootstock

Posted by ken-n.ga.mts 7a/7b (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 22:24

I've been watching the rose forms for quite a while and have noticed that folks that grow their rose's on multiflora seem to be stuck on just a couple of nurseries. Most out of Canada. I haven't seen anyone say anything about "Wisconsin Rose's". I don't grow many roses on multiflora but I got a few from Steve a few years ago and they have been great. I might get a few more this year. He has some roses I'd like to try out and see if I like the bush and blooms. Check their web site out. You may find something you like.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose's on multiflora rootstock

I love Steve Singer's roses, but I only recommend Wisconsin Roses for rose growers with a little more experience (and a lot of patience). Although Steve's instructions are clear, I think that a newbie might be a little overwhelmed. Steve sells newly-budded maiden roses, and require a little more work to get them started. But, you're right, if someone wants great hybrid teas (Steve has some minis and floribundas too), and you can grow on R. multiflora rootstock, then check out Wisconsin Roses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wisconsin Roses

o
RE: Rose's on multiflora rootstock

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 23:56

Ken I have ordered from Steve and his roses are WONDERFUL! Plus, I get a kick out of cutting the top off the multiflora plant! :) I mainly grow OGRs, ployanthas, and hybrid musks and Steve generally sells exibition type roses. I would LOVE it if another US seller, or Steve, would offer more varieties with multiflora rootstock. Maybe someone will catch on that theres a need for it since it seems the Canadian sellers are having issues importing.

Tammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here