Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does Anyone Have Rosa 'Parade' & Do You Like It?

Posted by AprilAlliums 6b Coastal MA (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 22:46

Hello,

I'm considering adding rose 'Parade' to my cottage style garden because of its recurrent blooms and large flowers. But I'm unsure about the color, in some pictures its a hot pink, in others it has a purplish hue to it. What do you all think?

Do any of you have it? Do you like it? Would you recommend it? And do you like it's color?

Thanks!

April

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does Anyone Have Rosa 'Parade' & Do You Like It?

I love Parade. A great bloomer, nice scent, almost no disease. The colour is a deep pink, quite bright and pretty. These photos by Cactus Joe at Help me find are accurate for colour from my experience. I had to leave her behind when I moved, but I would like to replace her as she was a lovely and reliable bloomer.

Here is a link that might be useful: parade at hmf

o

I, too, love Parade. A worker killed mine when he sprayed the metal arbor it was on and sprayed the rose too. Other than that, it was a gorgeous rose with sprays of a beautiful deep pink. Was very healthy. I plan to replace it when I go to the Antique Rose Emporium later in the spring. Get it - you will love it!
Judith

o

Agree with the others, great rose. I grew it on a trellis in Texas and have started one on a trellis in North Carolina, hoping for the same results.

o

Another thumbs up. Great, vigorous, freely blooming climber in a very pretty dark, bright pink color. You won't regret buying Parade.

o

Well, you all convinced me and I placed an order for four bareroots at Antique Rose Emporium. So I'll have to post the results later this spring.

Thanks again!

April

o

could be wrong, but expect container plants. i have never known ARE to ship bare roots, or have them, for that matter. Too, love the rose as well. Saw it in bloom and bought two for prime spots! Enjoy!!

o

• Posted by alameda 8 - East Texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 23:02

You will be thrilled with your Antique Rose Emporium roses! I live 3 hours from there and am already anticipating bloom season and spending a day there. It is pure paradise - such lovely gardens, healthy roses!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here