Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
...and let the blooming begin!

Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 31, 12 at 22:58

I did a quick run around the yard today, and I have BLOOMS!!!! Not too many, but a few :) Even though Stanwell Perpetual was the first to bud, it hasn't bloomed yet...its been surpassed by these beauties!

Enjoy,
Tammy

Eutin
Photobucket

Darlow's Enigma (not great, but its early!)
Photobucket

Cymbaline
Photobucket

Mme Scipion Cochet
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ...and let the blooming begin!

I hope my blooms here soon....

o

Nothing blooming on this side of the mountains yet.

o

I love seeing your pictures - such interesting varieties.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 31, 12 at 23:57

I'm actually surprised, Ken. I figured you would be a little ahead of me...

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 1, 12 at 0:20

Oh, they're lovely, Tammy!

o

lucky you...my poor roses are still fighting for survival (during spring!) night after night of freezing temps

o

Here in eastern KS my first official bloom opened today--all my roses are potted and spend the winter in an unheated garage so may be a tad earlier than those roses planted outside full time. I have several buds showing color (in fact 'Reine des violettes' has been for a couple of weeks but it looks like its going to ball), but the first to open was "Sophie's perpetual". Weeell, actually 'spice drop' was, but since it spent some time indoors under lights when I discovered it was actually a zone 8 rose, I don't count it as "official".

o

Greenman, you might want to browse over on the Rose Gallery and see what has been blooming in southeast Kansas for the past week. So far I have in bloom the following: Home Run, William Shakespeare 2000, Mortimer Sackler, and Double Knock Out. In bud and nearly ready to burst into bloom any day now: Eden climber and Mayflower. Would love to see your Reines des Violettes.

I've never had roses blooming this early. I usually think of mid- to late- May as prime spring bloom.

Tammy, your Eutin is way ahead of mine. Must go outside and give mine a pep talk!

Love this time of the year!

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here