Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tips for Pam's Choice?

Posted by ArbutusOmnedo 10/24 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 0:53

Hey everybody,

I have a Pam's Choice coming soon as a Mother's Day gift. I'm going to pot it up before then so I can hopefully at least gift it leafed out, but what long term observations about it can you make? My mom just loves the tan/mauve roses like Distant Drums, Chipmunk, Koko Loko, Lavender Pinnochio, and the like. Any tips for success with this one? Thanks for your comments and help.

Jay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tips for Pam's Choice?

Mine is growing in a round flowerbed around a birdhouse. Right now, it is smothered in poppies - once they bloom and are pulled out, I can tell more. Seems to be a pretty tough rose - it might need a bit more sun, and I might repot it to give it some extra care. I have Chipmonk growing in a pot, has been for a few years - is blooming now, very healthy. I love these mauve/tan roses too. Were it me, think I would pot it in good soil in a nice sized pot, give it good morning, early afternoon sun and wait for it to grow a bit. Good luck!
Judith

o
RE: Tips for Pam's Choice?

waited two years for this rose. this is her second spring in the ground. She did well last summer and appears to have survived our winter. got to about 15 inches. i have her in full morning sun, dappled afternnon. i love the color, too. i will post a pic when she blooms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here