susanp508

how do you post pictures?

susanp508
15 years ago

I would like to know how to post pictures to site

Comments (10)

• rebeccah_2009
    14 years ago

Good question . I hope you get some answers and maybe I'll learn too.

• mendocino_rose
    14 years ago

Here's what I do. I have an account with Picture Trail(there are other places too) You upload you photos there into albums. Then there is a place where you go for URLs. All you have to do is highlight the URL(I think it is the one for on line auctions)copy it and then paste it into your post. It will come up as a bunch of letters and stuff until you hit preview and then you will see your photo.

• prairielaura
    14 years ago

also would like to know...

• artemis_pa
    14 years ago

The "Test Forum" has instructions at the very bottom of the page. You can practice posting pictures there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Test Forum

• curlydoc
    14 years ago

It's very easy once you get the hang of it. You can't copy pictures directly to the site. You have to use an imaging service like Photobucket.

First, go to Photobucket.com and set up a users account there. Once you have an account, go to the "Upload Images and Video" box and "Choose Files", which images to upload to Photobucket from "my computer". Specify how much to reduce the size of your images. Usually 640 x 480 is a good size, not too large. "Add Title" and "Return To Album". Voila! You now have your pictures on Photobucket.

To transfer your pictures to the Rose Forum site, place your cursor over your picture on the Photobucket site. You will see four code choices below the picture. Go down to the "HTML Code" and press your left mouse button over the box next to HTML code, which highlights the words in the box. Right click the highlighted box, and press "Copy"

Then, go to the Rose Forum Message box and place the cursor where you want your picture to be. Right click and press "Paste". This pastes the words from the HTML code box into the Message box of the Rose Forum. Your picture does not appear at this step, only words.

Then press "Preview Message" below the Message box. You will now see your picture in the Message box. If you are happy with the picture and your typed message, press "Submit Message".

Your pictures now will appear on the Rose Forum site.

Hope this helps.

CRIMSON GLORY
    {{gwi:211885}}

• palustris
    14 years ago

You can use the same basic process on Flikr. Except that once you have uploaded the photos you go to the little function above the photos called "All Sizes". This takes you to the full size photo. If you look beneath the photo you will see:

To link to this photo on other websites you can either:

1. Copy and paste this HTML into your webpage:

2. Grab the photo's URL:

You want to copy and paste the HTML into your GardenWeb post such as this:

{{gwi:247322}}

• susanp508
    Original Author
    14 years ago

{{gwi:247323}}

• joytwo1839
    14 years ago

I hit resize and then apply and it goes right back to the big size