Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's your favorite???

Posted by kansas.girl 5b (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 9:35

I want to see your favorite roses! I'm new to rose gardening and feel like I'm going to be hooked once my flowers bloom! What is your favorite?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's your favorite???

Meilland? or Austins..

o

Whatever one is currently in full bloom usually. : )

Kate

o

Julia child's- they made it through the polar vortex unharmed and smell lovely all summer.

o

Peter Mayle...a heavy smelly hearty rose...at least he's my favorite right now;)

o

There are too many to say which is my favorite. I'm with Kate, what ever is blooming at the time. I have a picture of Tiffany here. It is representative of a good hybrid tea. Mine are vigorous, disease resistant, good bloom production, quick repeat and great fragrance. I have many good ones, it is just one example. Some other good hybrid teas are Pink Peace, Perfume Delight, Double Delight, Tropicana, The McCartney Rose, the list goes on.. A couple of good floribundas, other than the previously mentioned Julia Child are Sunsprite and Love Song. I am just learning about Austins and Old Garden Roses and liking them so far. With roses it is all a matter of what you want, there are many possibilities.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 14:38

o

Valencia is one of my top 5 roses.
Here it is.

o

Rock & Roll is another favorite - and OH! the fragrance!!

o

Paradise Found is my favorite rose. The fragrance is strong and unique - indescribable.

o

And of course, Queen of Sweden

o

Kansas girl - Here is a picture of my Love Song. Wasn't sure how it was going to make it through the winter, but it made it and is looking good.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 16:58

o

SaraAnn…I lost my Love Song this winter and I have not been able to find it. I am so disappointed. Your picture is lovely and that rose is outstanding. Lesley

o

These are all so beautifull! I'm getting lots of inspiration for next season. Thank you for sharing!

o

I love my sun sprite and chiluly. And SDLM is also fast becoming a favorite. I love them all to be honest :). My nacogdoches and Don Juan are gorgeous and so are Evelyn and GC. It's hard to pick!

o

My three favorites.
Abraham Darby. Amazing rose. What fragrance and colour!
Twilight zone. A beautiful bush with beautiful flowers in my opinion.
And lastly a noid lavender. Fragrance is divine, so is its vase life. Spotless for me. Plus my grandma planted it. Always reminds me of her.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here