Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
About viking queen climbing rose

Posted by brendak-2010 zone6 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 4, 10 at 10:43

Hi! New to posting, but have been reading for awhile. Have this rose ordered and wondered if it would do well on an arber. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: About viking queen climbing rose

It should do fine. Viking Queen is very flexible--easy to grow on any structure. Mine is a good bloomer also.

Kate

o

Thanks so much for your response. I have seen pictures of this rose and it is beautiful. Hope it does well in my garden.

o

o

I just moved my 3 year old VQ to an arbor, she threatened to take over my street if I didn't. I adore this rose. Big, healthy and hardy, can't beat it, one of the best roses I grow.

o

onewheeler, in what garden situation had you grown VQ earlier (where she was so threatening)?

o

I agree, yes good for an arbor. I forgot how much I love this rose. I made a mistake of planting a baby Lilac bush in front of this rose, now only my next door neighbor gets to see it. This plant gets no spray and no fertilizer and still does beautiful. I should dig it up and move it where I can see it!

o

One of my favorite roses----I feel sure you will be happy with it. I love the blooms and the healthy leaves in my no-spray garden.

Florence

o

Brendak - Where did you order your roses from? The viking queen is a beautiful choice!

o

Mine is now in it's second real year, and did fantastic over the winter. Lots of green cane all winter long

o

Zeffyrose that is a beautiful picture. I sure hope mine looks that good. Barena I ordered from excitinggardens.com. I hope they turn out to be okay. I've never ordered from them before.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here