Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally have a moment to post some pics

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 11:26

Been so busy working and then relatives came for a visit. I can't seem to catch up on the pics... more and more blooms opening daily and so little time to get them downloaded and tweaked. But just thought I'd drop in a few for now...

BROWN VELVET - I can't believe it's actually "brown" right now!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

BULL'S EYE - looking totally different from the first two yrs! Must be the cooler weather we're experiencing.

DOLORES HOPE

GAIL

GOLDEN UNICORN

INTREPID

LAVENDER PINOCCHIO

NEW DAY

TUSCAN SUN

And here's my first attempt at making recycled glass garden art. They call them "Totems" on Pinterest. I'm having fun designing them and shopping for old cheap glassware to use in them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally have a moment to post some pics

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 11:27

Ooops! I thought I posted this on the Gallery Forum. LOL Oh well...

o

Glad you posted here. Fun totems. My friend used to make tea cups on posts for the garden. Thought that would be in with tea roses

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 15:33

The roses are beautiful! The color on that Brown Velvet is so rich! Love the garden art too!

o

Great photos, Beth. It looks like your roses are very happy.

o

Love the roses, Beth.

Dan

o

• Posted by alameda 8 - East Texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 21:46

Always love seeing your photos Beth! Neat garden art - I can see a votive candle at the top of it - several of these with candles, sitting under a full moon like we have tonite......lovely! Except tonite, I would freeze to death - its going to be low of 36! Lower tomorrow, 33.......You have such beautiful and unusual roses - really enjoyed the photos!
Judith

o

Wow!!
New Day is electric!!!! Just screams "I'm gorgeous!!! I really like the color of Delores Hope. Do you know if she loved roses?
Lovely!!
Carol

o

Beautiful, Beth! Isn't it lovely when the funny colors actually
ARE those colors? It takes sun and cool, damp temps to develop the blue and purple haze over the orange petals so you get the Hershey bar chocolate haze over Brown Velvet and the other deeper russets. Those conditions also prevent Lavender Pinocchio from turning pink. Thank you for sharing! Kim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here