Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tapdogly

Noisette or Hybrid Perpetual for NJ

tapdogly
12 years ago

If you have experience growing Noisette or Hybrid Perpectual in NJ/NY/PA or a similar climate, which are the Noisette or HP roses that have done best for you? I am planning to order one Noisette and one HP and call it quit for this year. (Just had my front yard fenced, and throwing in the impulse buys), this rose hobby is getting a little bit too expensive:)).

The spot I have would be about 7 feet from a line of mature blue spruces tree, about twenty feet tall, and so the roses would get about 7 hours of afternoon sun. If they are climbers, I will need to grow them as bushes as I don't want them to get too close to the spruce trees which is where the fence is. Bonus points for shade tolerance as I also have a "wasted" spot that only gets about 4.5 hours' afternoon sun. Color-wise, I am a sucker for off-white-with-pink-shade roses, and have already planted two Edens, an Awakening, two Abe Darbys and a New Dawn. (All were bands except for the New Dawn.) I love pictures of Blush Noisette though. I also have two Zepherine Droulines and two Louiz Odiers, so ideally the color would be a bit different from these roses as well.

Prefer roses that are tall and wide in growth pattern. The bigger, the better. Also, the smellier, the better.

Thanks!

Comments (4)