Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White variegated leaves on own root rose...RMV??

Posted by pat_bamaZ7 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 12:27

I've never seen this on my own root Outta the Blue shrub rose before, and it's only on these few leaves so far. I've never seen RMV look quite like this either (can RMV be that white and do own root roses even get RMV?):

photo otbvariegation042414_zps0226caee.jpg

My moderns came through our polar vortexes with hardly any dieback, but then two more cold snaps came after they were pruned and putting on new growth. New growth was damaged and canker ran rampant through my beds causing a lot of cane loss. Most, including Outta the Blue, have finally kicked the canker and are looking pretty good now. Could that stress have caused these leaves to variegate? Or is it RMV? Or something else? Bush looks healthy overall, so I'm not going to worry unless you guys think it's something relevant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White variegated leaves on own root rose...RMV??

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 16:23

I know I've seen this before on here but can't remember what the cause was. With as weird as this winter and spring have been we might be seeing a lot of unusual things popping up though.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 16:24

I know I've seen this before on here but can't remember what the cause was. With as weird as this winter and spring have been we might be seeing a lot of unusual things popping up though.

o

Okay...Thanks, Seil! I'm just going to ignore it unless the rose seems to start suffering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here