Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Positive Thought of the Day

Posted by pat_bamaZ7 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 12:38

The positive thought of the day on the radio station I was listening to on my way to work this morning was Abe Lincoln's quote:
"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."
I've always loved that quote. Sending positive thoughts to everyone. Please stay safe and weather aware if you are in an area that could be hit by the current storms. Another wave of storms is expected to pass through our area this afternoon, but we didn't have any major damage from the one's yesterday.

I tried to save a few blooms from my thorn bushes before the storms got too bad (I'm sure anyone passing by thought I was crazy out fighting the wind and rain to cut flowers, but I've been waiting all winter for these first blooms) :

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Positive Thought of the Day

Thanks. I needed that.

o

Lovely roses, Pat. I like that thought. Please stay safe!

o

Pat, what's the name of the big lt. pink rose on the right?

o

Kentucky Rose,
That's Blossomtime...first bloom on a replacement I just planted a couple of weeks ago. My original made it through our hard winter with some dieback, but still had plenty of green cane. For some reason, the canes just started withering and died a couple of weeks ago along with a few others that had initially overwintered. I really love this rose, so I picked up a new one and potted up the original in case it decides to make a comeback.

Here are a couple of pics of her opening up still on the bush where you can see her darker reverse better:

photo bt0426_zps7e9b3fc2.jpg

photo bt0428_zps20c190a4.jpg

photo bt0428a_zps0e64b3dd.jpg

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 17:28

Thanks for the cheering up, Pat! Your roses are beautiful and I wouldn't have thought a thing about being out trying to save roses. I would have stopped to help, lol!

o

Pat, thanks for the name and extra pictures! Love Blossomtime's darker reverse.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here