Flawless
{{gwi:231938}}

Porch Steps (oops, hand shook)
{{gwi:252562}}

Coming up Driveway
{{gwi:248480}}

Driveway - front of house
{{gwi:252563}}

Blueberry Hill with my all time favorite garden fragrance - Japanese Honeysuckle
{{gwi:252564}}

Double Delight - bought a second this year - she is perfection!
{{gwi:251420}}

Comments (30)

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Aargh, you Cal types and your gorgeous roses. I just hope my PAK looks as stunning as yours when it blooms. Its first year blooms last year were not that great. Love your BBhill, a favorite of mine. Thanks for the pics of your garden. Everything looks lovely. Diane

• harmonyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Diane - my PAK also was unimpressive last year. This year - entirely different story.

Mary Rose has taught me to be patient with the Austins. Not until her 3rd year was she impressive, and wow is she impressive this year! Young Lycidas spoiled me in the first year, but I think that's the exception, not the norm. Crown Princess Margareta and Teasing Georgia are unimpressive this 2nd spring, but I know the time will eventually pay off.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

How beautiful! The roses and the yard look stunning!

• Kippy
    11 years ago

How pretty

I decided my PAK is not PAK at all (even though it is double tagged PAK)

I really want one! I have emailed the seller 2x with no reply yet....

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

Beautiful roses, with PAK and Blueberry Hill being my favorites. Your roses are bursting out all over. Isn't this the best time of the year?

• jaspermplants
    11 years ago

Love your garden! I really like Twilight Zone. I may have to find a place for one (ha!).

I just put in some Japanese Honeysuckle so didn't bloom much this year. Yours looks great; yes, wonderful scent!

• floridarosez9 Morgan
    11 years ago

Lovely, Harmony.

• lesmc
    11 years ago

Love your garden...so lovely. No blooms here yet, but enjoying yours is a delight! Thanks, Lesley

• harmonyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes Ingrid, this is the best time of year! Every day is a new experience - new roses blooming each day with so many whose blooms I've never seen before. I feel like a little kid in a candy store.

Jaspermplants, seemed like it took a few years for my Honeysuckle to really take hold. This is year 4 for the garden, and I planted two small ones the first year. Last year I noted they were taking over the patio, and this year they are really huge. They are on the same porch, but one is east facing, and the other south. The southern side is in full bloom now, and the eastern is just about to bloom. Last year once they had bloomed, they stayed in bloom until late fall. I cut pieces and bring in the house - best air freshener ever.

• harmonyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A few more from today:

Koko Loko, sorry for the slight blur - absolutely love this rose despite the lack of fragrance
    {{gwi:252565}}

Perfumed Tiger - remember some conversations about her in earlier threads
    {{gwi:252566}}

Blue Girl with Broadway
    {{gwi:252567}}

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Thanks, harmonyp, for your tip on PAK. I should have known better to expect too much too fast, since most of my Austins have taken their own sweet time when it comes to growth and bloom, but as you mentioned, Young Lycidas spoils a person. Oh your Koko Loco is yummy. I've just got to come up with some space for that rose. Diane

• ogrose_tx
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful, harmonyp; y'all in California are so lucky with your weather. We lived in Los Gatos for a time, it just seemed you could put a stick in the ground and up it would come! In my area of Texas we are blessed with rock hard clay soil, and it takes some work to get a shovel in it!

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Gorgeous roses Harmony! I love your KOKO LOCO!! Hope mine will look that good one day!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    11 years ago

Very nice rose photos! :)

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing--they are beautiful. Seeing your Twilight Zone, makes me want one. Would that be a good rose for the vase?

• kittymoonbeam
    11 years ago

harmonyp, those roses look great. You must be so happy. The colors look so nice. You must have had some great weather when the buds formed. Your garden looks like a very happy place to be.

• harmonyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

And some more:

The sweetest flower of them all:
    {{gwi:252568}}
    Belinda's Dream
    {{gwi:252569}}

Young Lycidas
    {{gwi:252570}}

Heirloom
    {{gwi:252571}}

Munstead Wood
    {{gwi:252573}}

Honey Dijon
    {{gwi:252574}}

Ingrid Bergman
    {{gwi:252575}}

• Kippy
    11 years ago

love your Young Lycidas, mine is similar, a tad floppy..lol

• harmonyp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes - I have two young YL's, and this year now that they're starting to bloom like crazy, I have to get under them to take photos. It's like the blooms are way too big and heavy for their delicate canes.

Being new to DA's, I'm actually looking at many of my new additions quizzically. CPM and Teasing Georgia are very wide lumps on the ground, with almost all flowers on the ground. I question whether I should give them support, but with with so many roses now I just shrug my shoulders and think - they'll do what they want to do, and I'll just watch the show. That YL has been braced!

• mendocino_rose
    11 years ago

It's beautiful! You must be thrilled.

11 years ago

Fantastic flower show! :)

• lou_texas
    11 years ago

You certainly have an abundance of beauty! I'm glad you shared it. Lou

• susan4952
    10 years ago

So pretty. My fave is the black and white one.

• gardenheat
    10 years ago

OMG! Your roses are beautiful!!! May I ask, what variety is the pink rose on slide 5 in the far left hand corner?

• andreark
    10 years ago

I love my pups above all. Yours is a darling.

andrea

• debandroses
    10 years ago

Oh my!! I think I must have Bluberry Hill ........and Mumstead Wood.....and Koko Loko. I'll find a place to put them. They are all gorgeous!!!!!

deb

• DNTQuilter
    10 years ago

Wow! I never had a desire to live in CA until today. Well, not true, I spent a weekend in Hollywood once :)

Blue Girl, Broadway and Munstead Wood really took my breath away!

They are going on my wish list.

Scott in PA

• roseblush1
    10 years ago

Your garden is simply beautiful. Thank you for so many wonderful photos. Rose lust is alive and well in my heart, but since I am still disbudding my garden, I won't see another bloom for a few more weeks.

Your photos just make me drool.

Smiles,
    Lyn

10 years ago

Your pics are fantastic! :)
    Heck its been colder here and our roses just
    started blooming about 6 days ago...

• frenchcuffs13
    10 years ago

Yep- I'm completely green with envy! Really gorgeous roses you have there. Twilight Zone looks fantastic too. It's been nothing but twig here.
    Thanks again for sharing!