Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

Border Collie Eluane models her mama's new garden...

serenasyh
15 years ago

Since this is my very first garden that I've ever planted I just wanted to share my newbie excitement.

I have finally transplanted 2 Lincolns that I got at a nice nursery. In the back are some gladiolus and baby lavender... They seem to be doing quite well. Eluane is 19" at the shoulder so it should give you all an idea of how tall they are currently.

Here is the first Lincoln rose:

{{gwi:252690}}

{{gwi:252691}}

Here is the 2nd Lincoln rose:

{{gwi:252692}}

Here is the tree rose Gemini.... It grew so many leaves within just FIVE DAYS! I'm amazed at the changes...

Here is 5 days before:

{{gwi:252694}}

And here is the same tree rose now...

front view:

{{gwi:252695}}

back view:

{{gwi:252696}}closeup: I sprayed the tree rose with organic fungicide today (couldn't earlier because of 2 days of intense thunderstorms), but as one can see so many new branches seem to be unaffected by the black areas... note the thick clump of very green fresh shoots on the twizzie shaped frost burnt cane (right uppermost side)

{{gwi:252697}}

Comments (11)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    15 years ago

What I can see looks terrific, but a number of the pics are not showing--on my computer anyway. Hope you can fix that so I can admire your Mr. Lincolns. : )

Kate

• serenasyh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

AAAARRRRRRGH! Google's websharing Picasa is a huge nightmare! It keeps wiping out the images. And the site says it is undergoing maintenance at this time so all my links are BROKEN! I had to use Picasa because I can't upload from work to Photobucket and at home I can't use photoshop to resize my photos because I wacked out my home computer. I need to recopy and send back to my home computer... I was really looking forward to showing my recovered tree rose from the winter damage.

This is sooooo frustrating... All that shows up is my beginning tree rose and not its fullness of leaves. Will try to get everything transferred again at the trustworthy Photobucket site instead of silly Picasa.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    15 years ago

All but one (#2)is showing on my computer now. Guess we are making progress. LOL

Kate

• serenasyh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL! only 2 out of 6 are showing at my home computer...must warn people here at our beloved forum never! to do Picasa photosharing... Thank goodness for our trusty Photobucket.

Lincoln #1

{{gwi:252698}}

{{gwi:252699}}

Lincoln #2

{{gwi:252701}}

TREE ROSE major excitement from major winter damage:

beginning recovery

{{gwi:252694}}

{{gwi:252702}}

full recovery 5 days later with Sea Tea

front view:
    {{gwi:252703}}

back view:
    {{gwi:252704}}

closeup of thick sprouts near damaged cane.
    {{gwi:252705}}

• susan4952
    15 years ago

love your rose watcher! she looks like she could handle any critters that intrude on the garden. My 3 terriers hold an OPEN HOUSE for voles, moles, hedgehogs, badgers, snakes, slugs, etc.

• canadian_rose
    15 years ago

Beautiful!!

I think you have canker on the large middle cane. You should cut off that cane under the black.

Other than that, it look super healthy and vigorous!

What rose is it?

Carol

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    15 years ago

That sure is a cute dog.

• rebeccah_2009
    15 years ago

I think the rose looks great! Some of my roses had a little black on their canes. I just cut mine off. Your dog is so cute. My neighbor has two border collies and I love to watch them run and play.

• serenasyh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

awww, thanks so much everyone! My little E is actually very gentle with her toys and small animals, never bites ever! but she tries to herd the rabbits in my Dad's fenced backyard LOL and makes a funny owr-rowrrr complaint (not really a bark or howl but some unique puppyish wail of bewilderment) because the rabbits refuse to cooperate like sheep. I don't have any fence in my own backyard so thankfully she is a good girlie and will stop herding the rabbits when she has reached the edges of my yard.

Carol the tree rose is Gemini. It is supposed to be an ARS award-winner in terms of the beauty of its petals, its shape and color, abundance of blooms and disease resistance? but again, the sudden ice storm winter damage we had did cause it to develop canker. On hindsight, I love beautiful hybrid teas but to me, fragrance is very important, I now know that Gemini only has very light fragrance. But yes, it is very, very strong and it has even 10 more new stems this morning on its basals, not to mention multiple babies on other stems! I am thinking, will it soon overtake my Lincolns? Even my potted/transplanted Lincolns have only a fraction of the number of stems of my Gemini.

Rebecca, happily the thick cluster of stems right below the black canker have all sprouted and leafed out already. None have developed the black rotting that my other sick ailing tree rose developed.... The sick tree too had a bud right below the canker that overcame the bud and got into the bud union within a single day. There is actually a very sad story about my other tree rose. I am working on another post for next week about the special roses that have passed on that have taught us so much... It deserves its own place in my heart and its own separate post...

• theroselvr
    15 years ago

Weird that Picasa is giving you problems.
    {{gwi:252706}}From Roses

Is your album public or private?
    How are you getting the links? You click on link to this photo, you will then see Embed image or Link - you want embed. You can then change the photo size as well as show an album link or not.

btw, some of your code was wrong. You had spaces.

Cute dog. Looks like my old neighbors dog.

{{gwi:252690}}

{{gwi:252691}}

Here is the 2nd Lincoln rose:

{{gwi:252692}}

Here is the tree rose Gemini.... It grew so many leaves within just FIVE DAYS! I'm amazed at the changes...

And here is the same tree rose now...

front view:

{{gwi:252695}}

back view:

{{gwi:252696}}

closeup: I sprayed the tree rose with organic fungicide today (couldn't earlier because of 2 days of intense thunderstorms), but as one can see so many new branches seem to be unaffected by the black areas... note the thick clump of very green fresh shoots on the twizzie shaped frost burnt cane (right uppermost side)

{{gwi:252696}}

• serenasyh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Roselovr, thanks for trying to help me with the code, but I swear upon my poor rose's grave (the one that died) that before I sent off my original post, every single picture showed up fine in the preview... In fact every photo stayed up on the final post for 2 hours until I logged off the forum. Then when I returned 3 hours later several Picasa links were missing and even now Picasa seems to arbitrarily pick and choose which photo it wants to show, that silly site! (like photo-musical chairs haha!) And even now I can't see your re-links either.

All my photos are listed as Public and should be viewable, so this is one major silly site. Hee-hee, but at least Photobucket has their act together.