Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vol de Nuit photo

Posted by James_Shaw NorCal (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 14:12

This is my second attempt at including a photo with my text. Sure hope that I don't bore anyone. This Vol de Nuit photo is from last year--only buds on the plant so far. I am partial to mauve roses and have several in my yard. Do hope this post works and that you enjoy my photo. Jim

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vol de Nuit photo

Lovely, lovely photo of a beautiful mauve rose! I look forward to seeing more of your roses and photos now that you mastered the art of posting on this forum. : )

Kate

o

Thank you Kate. I thought that I'd take a walk around my yard and see if there were any other roses worthy of this forum. This is my first Paradise of the year. Hope that you like it. Jim

Photobucket

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 18:54

Oh, groan, Jim. Vol de Nuit is one Mom had that I haven't replaced yet. Now I see I'm going to have to!

I have Paradise and do really love it even though it is a rather stingy bloomer.

Your photography, by the way, is fabulous!

o

Yes, just lovely pictures, and I love how you framed them. Gosh I wish my roses were out of the garage and growing. Your lavenders are just exquisite.
Carol

o

Vol de Nuit was one of the "Potpourri Roses" Armstrong advertised back in the eighties. Supposedly, this maintained the scent in the dried petals, making it suitable for making potpourri from. It was a beautiful mauve, a bit slow on the repeat like Blue Nile was, but quite fragrant and very enjoyable to cut. Thanks for sharing your photo. It's been many years since I grew this. Kim

o

Jim....I love the photos of your roses. I too, love the lavender roses but find them somewhat difficult to grow in my garden. I have not heard of Vol de Nuit, but will check her out. I do grow Paradise and it is a favorite. Your photo is lovely. Please keep us with more photos of your garden. Thanks, Lesley

o

The first time I clicked on this link, it was slow to load. So I try again, and it's worth it. Vol de Nuit is magnificient. I like Delbard roses, their leaves are so glossy and healthy. Jim, I wonder which one have less thorn, Vol de Nuit or Paradise. Does Vol De Nuit smell better than Paradise? Thank you for any info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here