Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neptune

Posted by Jim_in_AV SoCal (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 14:34

My first rose to blossom. I love this rose for color and scent.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neptune

Wow! Looks great.

o

... and the plant itself looks incredible! I can't wait till mine blooms!

o

And, for that foliage. In many places in SoCal, this is one of the best mauve HTs. Carruth hit a home run with this one. MUCH better than Stinky Babs! Kim

o

I am looking forward to ours. I now have 2 one cane wonders, but mine from last season decided to throw a new cane.

o

Ohhhh!!
Looks fantastic.
Let us see them when they open!!
Carol

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 18:55

Yes, home run for Carruth, and grown beautifully too. Well done!

o

This is one gorgeous hunk of healthy rose. I can't wait to see the blooms when they open. Diane

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 19:24

Wow, look at all those buds! And the leaves! Wonderful!

I've been thinking about getting this one. Does anyone grow it the Midwest/Great Lakes black spot hell? How does it winter?

o

I found the last little piece of my Neptune last month and was about to SP it. The deer just keep attacking this plant. It has never been more than two feet tall.

But, than I found a picture of the bloom and put my shovel down. Its been transplanted to a better spot with promises of special care.

Jim, your Neptune is gorgeous! If I can get mine to grow anywhere close to yours, I will be delighted.

photo Neptune.jpg

o

Lovely, Harryshoe!!
I love mine too! (grown in pot)

o

I have a patio rose tree of Neptune.

o

Wow, harry....gorgeous shot. I can almost catch a scent!
Jim, lovely and such a perfevt shape. My fav is just joey, but he can be a bit gawky. Post again when all those buds burst into bloom.
Marti

o

I did cut some for the house. I hope I like my new Charles de Gaulle as much when it blooms.

o

Beautiful roses! I am in zone 6 & I am looking for a lavender/purple rose that is disease resistant, fragrant & can survive our New England winters. Am I dreaming or is there a rose that fits that description? Ty :)

o

"MUCH better than Stinky Babs" Kim

LOL, don't make me come down there, Kim. I LOVE my Bab's here. But you're right--NEPTUNE is a REALLY good one in my garden!
Thanks for sharing your photos of this delightful rose with us, Jim_in_AV , and harryshoe!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here