Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deervssteve

Chrysler imperial

deervssteve
9 years ago

Bush was planted (mini pot) about two months ago. It's about 30" tall and doing well except for PM.

Comments (8)

• deervssteve
    Original Author
    9 years ago

close up.

• pat_bamaz7
    9 years ago

Looks beautiful! It's one of my favorite smelling roses, but unfortunately is a disease magnet in our humidity. You are such a trooper with all your deer cages!

• kittymoonbeam
    9 years ago

One of my favorites! Quick get it inside to smell the perfume before the deer come along. That bush grew really fast. If you have room for Firefighter, that's tall and has nice perfume as well.

• deervssteve
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I have a group of three reds. I planted Olympiad last year and Firefighter and CI this year.

The yelloweys are Julia Child, St.Patrick, Just Joey and Peace. I have one white PJP II.

The cages almost touch each other so there is a lot of protection.
    My old garden roses have more of a variety of colors.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Very nice Steve. CI is my husband's favorite rose. I had to replace mine this year, didn't realize it was so tender. I planted the bud union deeper, so hopefully I won't have a problem with this one. It is so pretty and smells wonderful.

• mzstitch
    9 years ago

So beautiful, you're making me regret I haven't added a true red to my garden yet. I have courageous, but it tends to be a bit more pink than true red. Perhaps next year. I don't have any hybrid teas either and I'm loving the long stems on yours.

• redribbons
    9 years ago

Wow, your rose got big, fast. What is your secret :) I have a chrysler imperial, that I planted about 14 years ago. It is one of the first roses I ever planted. I love it. But, half of the canes died over the winter. I kept her though.

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

It's doing very well and is lovely!