Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chrysler imperial

Posted by deervssteve 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 14:52

Bush was planted (mini pot) about two months ago. It's about 30" tall and doing well except for PM.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chrysler imperial

close up.

o

Looks beautiful! It's one of my favorite smelling roses, but unfortunately is a disease magnet in our humidity. You are such a trooper with all your deer cages!

o

One of my favorites! Quick get it inside to smell the perfume before the deer come along. That bush grew really fast. If you have room for Firefighter, that's tall and has nice perfume as well.

o

I have a group of three reds. I planted Olympiad last year and Firefighter and CI this year.

The yelloweys are Julia Child, St.Patrick, Just Joey and Peace. I have one white PJP II.

The cages almost touch each other so there is a lot of protection.
My old garden roses have more of a variety of colors.

o

Very nice Steve. CI is my husband's favorite rose. I had to replace mine this year, didn't realize it was so tender. I planted the bud union deeper, so hopefully I won't have a problem with this one. It is so pretty and smells wonderful.

o

So beautiful, you're making me regret I haven't added a true red to my garden yet. I have courageous, but it tends to be a bit more pink than true red. Perhaps next year. I don't have any hybrid teas either and I'm loving the long stems on yours.

o

Wow, your rose got big, fast. What is your secret :) I have a chrysler imperial, that I planted about 14 years ago. It is one of the first roses I ever planted. I love it. But, half of the canes died over the winter. I kept her though.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, May 1, 14 at 19:26

It's doing very well and is lovely!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here