Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
knash6

posting photos

knash6
11 years ago

It's been forever, How do post pics here?

Thanks,

Kristi

Comments (17)

• JessicaBe
    11 years ago

upload them to photobucket and then post the html code when you type :)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

easiest is to get a free account on photobucket, upload photos, and then copy the html code provided from under the photo and paste it into the message.

use the html code, not the IMG code. Most other forums use IMG, but not gardenweb.

• roseseek
    11 years ago

Flickr is just as easy as Photobucket. Kim

{{gwi:256802}}

• knash6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks guys, used to know the code well, but it has been some time. I will give it a shot.

Kristi

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

If you have difficulty (as I did initially), use the test forum (found at the bottom of the Garden Forum page). People will help you, and you can experiment).

• knash6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

{{gwi:256803}}

• knash6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Got it...thanks everyone!!!

Kristi

• harmonyp
    11 years ago

Oh Kim, that photo makes my knees weak!

• roseseek
    11 years ago

Thank you. Does mine, too! I'll bet Georgia O'Keeffee would have actually liked flowers had this been around when she painted them. Like what you'd expect from an Island of Dr. Moreau cross between a potentilla and a Matillija! Kim

• Campanula UK Z8
    11 years ago

Is that Eyes for You, Kim? Looks like a cross between a tree paeony and an oriental poppy. Weird foliage too but am still loving it.

• rommy
    11 years ago

Both are gorgeous!!!

• roseseek
    11 years ago

Yes ma'am, that it is. Have you seen Jim Sproul's new for 2013 introduction, Eyeconic Pomegranate Lemonade? He's posted about it on his blog. Amazing how far two main breeders have succeeded in bringing Hulthemias from rangy, bramble plants with small flowers in spring, to shrub/floribundas with large, continuous (fragrant, too!) flowers any time you expect them from a rose. After seeing the new Eyeconic, click on the name of his blog up top and look at the amazing photos in the posts. He's raised some breath taking roses! Kim

Here is a link that might be useful: New Eyeconic for 2013

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

While everyone is ooohing and aaaahing over the eyeconic (am I the only one who finds it so-so?), let me tell Kristi what a stunning picture that is of her red roses. If that is Knock Out, I must say I just got some newfound respect for it. Love that photo, KRisti.

Kate

• Campanula UK Z8
    11 years ago

oh you bet - been following Jim's hybridising with great interest (and just a smidgeon of annoyance that nothing is coming our way just yet) My Eyes4U is almost on the point of blooming - unbelievably early for the UK - there is nothing ordinary about this rose, though. Have you seen Alissar, PoP (a Harkness introduction)? An astoundingly robust rose with perfect health.

• roseseek
    11 years ago

No, those we can't get over here. Are the Harkness versions as "rose like" as Eyes and the Eyeconics, or are they more "bramble like" similar to the Moore and early Harkness Hulthemias? Jim's Eyeconics and Eyes have large flowers, three inches and larger. The earlier ones were lucky to approach two inches at the very most. I've always been a sucker for anything of Harkness' creation. The correspondence I had with Jack Harkness years ago, his breeding and writing, then meeting Peter, his brother, all impressed me with the graciousness and integrity they all possess and possessed. Their shrubs are among some of my favorites I've ever grown. Of course, I am predisposed to love their later ones. I grow Bedont, about which, I can find no real information, but it grows healthy and vigorous here and that also pleases me greatly. Kim

• knash6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Kate!

Yes, they are double knockouts, but the blooms on the right are from a "strange" bush. Much darker in color, same crazy prolific blooms and healthy bush.

Kristi

• Kippy
    11 years ago

Does anyone use Smugmug for photos? Which link do I use there?

Or

What does the first half of the code you use look like? Can some one just copy and paste the first half so I can see what I am looking for?