Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
drift rose series

Posted by arbordayle 6 PA (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 30, 09 at 18:11

I have 5 original knock outs in a mixed border. I love the continuous color they provide but they have gotten huge despite pruning several times a season- and pruning them is no easy task with those giant thorns. Although the tag on knockouts says they grow 3-4 feet, mine grow 8-10 feet. I'm looking for a smaller replacement and a nursery owner recently recommended drift roses. How does the drift series compare to knockouts for continous bloom and disease resistance? Is the red drift rose similar in color to the original red knockout?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: drift rose series

Hi, I have the peach and coral drift and love them. They stayed clean all summer last year, which was my first year with them. The peach one has the best scent ever. The clusters of flowers on it are gorgeous starting with the buds and ending with those precious little blooms. My coral one didn't seem to have much of a scent from what I remember. My peach one is about 2 1/2 ft. tall by 3 1/2 ft. wide. The coral one is staying smaller but it was alot smaller bush when I got it. They have quick rebloom but I wouldn't say it was continuous like the knockout. I have a bunch of knockouts too and nothing is as continuous as it is. Good luck deciding. Judy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here