Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Huge bushes

Posted by pelicanhead 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 18:21

This year I have the biggest, bushiest, buddiest (is that a word?) roses I've ever had. I thought it might be because I put epsom salts on them, but they are the same size in the front yard and they didn't get epsom salts, I ran out by the time I finished the backyard. The only other thing different was we had a colder winter than normal. Could that possibly be the reason?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Huge bushes

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 18:42

Could be they are really established now. When did you plant them?

We know it wasn't due to generous winter rains. :(

o

I've had most of them 5 years or longer. Lots of minis in pots and regulars in the ground and pots. They are all doing better.

o

Colder could easily be the reason. If everything else remained constant, what else could it be? Kim

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 6, 13 at 19:38

If you haven't done anything different I'd say it has to be weather conditions. What ever the weather has been they liked it!

o

In the Antelope Valley, I noticed the same thing. In particular the foliage was very red for the first two months and then was a beautiful, lush green on all. Also, my bud count seemed much higher. Not complaining, though!

o

Not complaining, definitely. I'm just hoping it will keep it up all spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here