Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
strike it rich rose

Posted by ehlerslw missouri (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 18:23

hello today I got a strike it rich yellow rose from lowes today. it really looks great with a lot of blooms on it. does anyone on here grow them. I am going to plant it next to my Julia child roses I bought last month.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: strike it rich rose

Ha-ha! I also bought a really nice specimen of Strike it Rich at Home Depot Friday, after doing a lot of internet research about Blackspot resistance and such. I second the request for profiting from anyone else's experience with this rose.

It seems to have plenty of strong canes, although I would have pruned off some of the weaker canes before it leafed out so completely. Mine has buds, I expect some flowers in a few days.

Thanks for any info!

o
RE: strike it rich rose

I have had a Strike it Rich for 3 years and it is beside my yellow nacogdoches and is very healthy and has never has BS. I posted a pic of my nacogdoches in a thread called A few rose pics, you can see the SIR behind it. I love the colors, it has shades of yellow and orange and eventually turns a light orangey colors. It's been a good rose for me. Good luck with yours!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here