Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saint Patrick

Posted by deervssteve 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 20:18

The foliage from SP was left over from last year and looks like every dog in the county used it for target practice.
A lot of energy was going into the fat buds so now they are gone. Hopefully, It will shape up.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saint Patrick

Nice! Who are his friends...?
Susan

o

Olympiad and Duchess de Brubant.

o

Your St. Patrick roses are lovely, also their companions.

o

Oh so lovely!!!!
I had that rose in the ground back when I had NO CLUE as to overwintering roses. Of course, it's a very tender rose. But, anyway, the summer that I had it - it was a bloom machine. So many gorgeous flowers. Of course mine weren't as green as yours were - we didn't get the heat needed. So it's really nice to see the green that you have on yours. Really lovely.

Hope your rose does well, despite the dogs. Bad dogs!!
Carol

o

Your St Patrick is gorgeous. I've always loved the colors of this rose and was thinking of buying it but after the brutal winter we just had I'm a bit skeptical about its chances of surviving the bitter cold. My roses go into pots & I no longer drag them into the garage in December. I use seil's method of winter protection (leaves for warmth, then sort of wrap the pots with burlap) & hope for the best.

I lost some hybrid teas but am so grateful that my Austins all made it. I don't have much room left so any rose I get at this point has to be winter-hardy.

But boy, what a beautiful rose!

o

That's the color I love on St. Patrick. Nice!

o

four days later.

o

Beautiful...thanks for sharing!

o

Lovely!!
They can really hang in there for vase life!!
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here