Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
J&p Merlot or the Fairest one - bs resistance?

Posted by vettin z6b Northern VA (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 12 at 21:27

Does this have any chance in bs prone Northern Va. Wondering if anyone grows it no spray in this humidity and how it fairs. Will tolerate black leaves and some leaf loss, but is the black spot bad enough to kill the plant?
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: J&p Merlot or the Fairest one - bs resistance?

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 23, 12 at 17:11

I know there are some people on here who have this rose so I can't imagine why you haven't gotten any responses?

I don't have it, although I have looked at it several times. It's that red and white reverse that I love. I just didn't pick it up and now I don't know if it's available anywhere anymore. I hope someone will respond for you.

o

Hi Vettin! I grow 'Fairest One' and love it! The reason I have not answered your question is because even in my no spray garden black spot is never an issue as it is too arid for black spot to live here. Best of luck on finding the answer to your question! :-D

o

• Posted by epis 9a ca (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 27, 12 at 10:26

Hi, I have this rose planted next to double-delight. Double delight got some black spot each year. But this rose has much less black spot.

Epis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here