Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bad on climbers--too much treatment?

Posted by dkjp12 Georgia (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 30, 14 at 22:23

Hi,

I have about 20 climbers (all different) along my picket fence. I prepared well and they looked AMAZING for the last few weeks! About 3 weeks ago I put down Bayer All in One pellets as a preventative and now three of my roses have black spot pretty badly...I'm afraid the rest aren't far behind. I went to my local nursery and they told me that I couldn't spray or use anything else until 6 weeks from when I used the Bayer...is this the case? I feel like in just going to watch all of the beautiful growth fall off! Would love to be able to do something to help.

I've already cleared all leaves from the ground and went so far as to try and remove as much as the diseased leaves as possible (a long and thankless job!)

Thank you in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bad on climbers--too much treatment?

The Bayer pellets or the drench don't really do a good job on blackspot. At least not here in Georgia :) You are better off using separate products. Bayer does make a fungicide spray that works very well on black spot. You can find it in Lowes. Normally you only need to spray every 2-3 weeks, but since you already have some blackspot, you may want to do it weekly until you don't see any new spots.

Combination products are not a good idea. You wind up putting down chemicals you don't need an they aren't effective for disease. I've attached a link to what you should buy. Bayer has so many products and the bottles look similar. Make sure you get the one that just says 'Disease Control. You can use it on the roses now. Just follow the directions about avoiding skin contact.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bayer Disease Control

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here