Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's Up? Blue for You is White for Me

Posted by jasminerose4u 9b (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 11, 14 at 22:50

Hello all:
I planted my Blue for You Rose that I received from Chamblees last October. I was excited when the buds opened up yesterday, but they are white with a lavender blush! Nothing like the pictures I've seen. So, I'm wondering what's up? Not enough sun? Not enough fertilizer? Maybe the plant is too young and the color will come in later as it ages?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's Up? Blue for You is White for Me

As with MANY other roses, this can be extremely variable. Chalk it up to weather, age of plant, perhaps nutrients available in the soil. Leave it alone and let it do its thing. You should get the expected purple tones once everything is right. Kim

o

Thank you, Kim.

o

You're welcome, Bonnie. I've seen nearly white and nearly violet, with everything in between here. I really enjoy when it does the violet and ruby combination like this. Kim

o

Awfully pretty, though.

o

I will look forward to the variety!

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 9:06

I seem to recall mine doing the same thing the first couple of bloomings. Like Kim said, it'll turn purple eventually. It's by far one of my favorite roses.

Here's a couple of pics of mine from a few days ago:
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

As you can see, the color varies from bloom to bloom and day to day.

o

Wow, Beth! You just confirmed that purple is my favorite color. That is beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here