Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Out Shopping Yesterday - The Roses Were Blooming

Posted by desertgarden561 9a/SZ11 -NV (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 22:51

Yesterday, DH and I were out shopping. It was another beautiful day, but, it was different from our visit a couple of months or so ago as the roses that line just about every street was blooming. I stopped and took photos of the roses that were along the last two streets we walked down. If anyone is thinking of planting masses of Iceberg roses to create a formal look, or if you just like Iceberg roses,here are more images. There are Knock Out roses and a few others too.

photo IMG_0447_zpsebcb3c7d.jpg

photo Image3_zps34ef3884.jpg

photo IMG_1768_zps63fe6916.jpg

photo IMG_1761_zps6e4e2cb0.jpg

photo IMG_0458_zpsca8500bb.jpg

photo IMG_0457_zps2d5becd5.jpg

photo IMG_0451_zps9ba781ef.jpg

photo IMG_0450_zps77ed39aa.jpg

photo IMG_0449_zpseca336f9.jpg

photo IMG_0447_zpsebcb3c7d.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Out Shopping Yesterday - The Roses Were Blooming

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 23:45

Roses and palm trees, looks like my kind of heaven!

o

Just today I noticed (for the first time) a row of five Distant Drums in full bloom nearby. I didn't have time to stop and take a picture, but I was very happy to see somebody else who was a fan of this Buck Rose.

There are tons of roses in bloom. My parents' neighbor has some lovely Living Easy and Just Joey plantings in his front yard with what I suspect may be Reve d'Or trained over his front door. It's just beautiful right now.

I saw a gigantic Mutabilis in full bloom a day ago and a white Noisette creeping over a fence that I thought was either Lamarque or Madame Alfred Carriere which is occasionally available at nurseries around here. Many Lady Banks roses are looking beautiful.

Julia Childs and Icebergs all over are just covered in blooms. It's a wonderful time of year! I'm noticing more roses than ever before here because I'm actually paying attention to landscaping everywhere I go.

Jay

o

The roses edged in boxwood are really ornamental and soften the hardscape so well. It turns it into an almost park-like setting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here