I would appreciate an ID on this rose.

thanks,
handg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please ID rose for me?

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 13:45

Red ones are generally too hard to ID, unless they have some specific characteristic that is different from other reds. But that being said... possibly OLYMPIAD?

o

Is it very fragrant? How tall is it? Where did you get or find it?

Jackie

o

Even with the best information possible that could be any one of at least 25 currently available indistinguishable reds.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 18:45

As Henry said, there are a lot of red hybrid tea roses it could be. More pictures and ANY information you can provide about it might help but it still may be impossible to ID for sure.

Pictures: buds, half open blooms, fully open blooms, new growth, leaves, thorns, canes, entire bush.

Info: how old, where did you buy it, how often does it bloom, how long do the blooms last, what kind of fragrance, how strong.

o

It looks a lot like Mr. Lincoln to me.

o

• Posted by vasue 7A Charlottesville (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 1:55

Is this a climber, handg? If so, could it be Crimson Glory, Climbing?

Here is a link that might be useful: Full photo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here