Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zyperiris

Happy roses

Zyperiris
9 years ago

Well I have been neglecting my roses the last few years..Hot and cold with them. I lost my job in 2012 and got really depressed. But life is good again and I have been playing with my roses. I have not yet fertilized but my roses look great due to the good soil I believe. I used a little sulfur over a year ago on some of them but that is it. have a little blackspot but not to bad. I have become almost 100% organic. It's so fun. What is exciting is that I thought my Rock and Roll rose was dead and I have a blooming rose..and about three years ago I planted a Darlows Enigma and a Magenta on the back of my property. It's shady back there...and I had my husband dig a big hole and I sunk a old planter in there with the bottom cut away and holes drilled in the sides..the soil back there is so bad. Lo and behold they are growing well with not much attention. The rose I am going to take out is Julia Child..I prefer my Austins and she is a black spot magnet in my garden. Also my baby clematis are growing..it's weird they have been little twigs and this year they are coming to life. Dang..I'm so happy and not depressed anymore.

Comments (6)