Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vasue

Smooth Angel

vasue VA
9 years ago

Anyone growing this pretty rose? How's its rebloom, perfume & disease resistance for you? Encountered her for the first time today at Lowes & was smitten by the blossoms' fullness & subtle apricots-in-cream coloration. If she'd passed the sniff test, she'd have come home{{gwi:807}} with me on the spot, but couldn't detect as much as a faint whiff of perfume. On the way out, bent to inhale Tiffany, Oklahoma & Tropicana & uncharacteristically didn't find any fragrance from them, either. If not for the rain approaching, would have hiked back to Smooth Angel & taken her home{{gwi:807}} to research in the meantime. Online{{gwi:807}} sources noting very fragrant - my cup of tea.

There for a gift plant for Sunday, so of course scouted for myself. Found Kordes' Golden Gate already 4' tall in deep 2.25 gallons for $17 & two filled my shopping cart. Couldn't bypass Belinda's Dream in 1.5 gallons on sale for $7 from $11, so two wedged themselves on angle from the seat. Looked them all over carefully at the base, and they'll need a bit of further pruning on canes cut too high that have died back, but they're in good shape otherwise, full of unopened buds. The soil was bone dry from 2 days of 90 degrees after low 70's with no one waving a watering wand in their direction. Come to think of it, that's probably why none of the usual roses exuded any scent, though they'd not yet actually wilted. The foursome were treated to a deep drink & misting here, for which they showed their thanks, lifting their leaves high in hallelujah.

So if you're looking for any of these, might head down to your local Lowes for a look-see. Oh, and I did remember to get that gift plant (my errand). Good thing it was a basket that could hang from the shopping cart handle so I could push the cartload out of there!

Here is a link that might be useful: Smooth Angel

This post was edited by vasue on Sun, May 11, 14 at 21:58