Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
knockout roses

Posted by crdavid none (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 9:18

My knockout roses are full of blooms and the branches are so heavy that they are laying down on the ground. What can I do to prevent this in the future

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: knockout roses

I have one small one, and it is doing that too. I am going to leave it alone to see if it roots from those branches.

Jackie

o

Go to a place like Home Depot--they have several different kinds of plant supports. I sometimes use the single branch/flower support to hold up a couple of the top-heavy branches. But if the whole plant is falling down, get some of those wire fences --about 2.5 - 3 ft tall and put it around the entire plant.

Hope that helps.

Kate

o

I bought a knock out rose bush about a week ago from a gardening store Took it home,dug a hole in my flower bed were it gets good sun soil and room to grow i put a starter plant feed in and around the hole i dug before i covered the base or roots of the rose bush.within three days ALL the flowers dried up and died also most of the leaves at the bottom I am very sad this is the first thing i ever planted What should i do ):

o

I bought a knock out rose bush about a week ago from a gardening store Took it home,dug a hole in my flower bed were it gets good sun soil and room to grow i put a starter plant feed in and around the hole i dug before i covered the base or roots of the rose bush.within three days ALL the flowers dried up and died also most of the leaves at the bottom I am very sad this is the first thing i ever planted What should i do ):

o

Shel, I think you should leave it alone and let it get adjusted. I have 2 and I have never ever done anything to them. They get brutal mid day sun and the only water they get is from rain.. They bloom profusely right through the fall despite my negligence and clay soil. Be patiient and let it be. See what it looks like in a few weeksk

o

Thank you very much ...The roses will grow if they are kinda in the shade right?

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, May 16, 14 at 16:38

It depends on what you mean by "kinda in the shade". Knock Outs will pretty much grow anywhere. The thing is they need the sun to bloom well. If they're getting at least 6 hours of sun a day they should be fine. Anything less than that and they may grow but not bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here