Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wedgwood Rose and English Garden

Posted by corgitrbl 6b SEPA 7? (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 9:39

Usually I prune English Garden into a shrub. Last year I decided to let it alone. The habit is very arching. Should it be pegged or what kind of trellis would this one work on. It seems a little fraile to let it just arch; although it looks great that way.

Also I have read that the Wedgwood Rose would also sprawl on the ground. Should I order this; will it need to be tied to a trellis, wall, etc? What else does the Wedgwood need. I am wanting two of these possible wedding of daughter in future. Would you just suggest another rose?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wedgwood Rose and English Garden

I grow The Wedgewood Rose, planted one year ago. It's not matured yet, still short, so I'm not sure what its eventual size will be. It did show signs of good repeat bloom its first season. The blooms are lovely, but the fragrance is not special, it's kind of a musky blend, moderate in intensity.

Mortimer Sackler is a lovely rose, with a graceful, arching habit; it reminds me of a Noisette. It has a lovely, sweet fragrance.

James Galway is a large Austin that I grow as a free-standing shrub. The blooms are beautiful with a sweet scent. It's vigorous, it's about 6 feet tall and 5 feet wide.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here