Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can anyone ID this rose?

Posted by alina_1 6/7, MD (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 12 at 10:31

Hello,

I received this rose as Dick Clark from Chamblee Roses. It does not look like Dick Clark at all.

Could you ID it please? The flowers are small - slightly larger than 1".

Thanks in advance!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can anyone ID this rose?

Are those all pics of the same rose? I cannot help you with an ID, but here is a link to some other pics of Dick Clark. One of the buds looks a little like yours, but not as pale.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dick C.

o

My first thought was Magic Carousel, but the 4th picture doesn't seem to support that.

Of the mini's that Chamblee lists on their website, I'd rule out Rainbow's End, Cindarella & Cupcake. I have all of those, and this doesn't look like any of them. Cindarella is very tiny & mostly white, Cupcake is a solid, true pink, and Rainbow's End has yellow mixed in. I'd also rule out Green Ice and Red Cascade. I'm only going with the minis here because of the bloom size described.

That leaves these:
Beauty Secret
Carnival Glass
Rise N Shine
Rouletii
Sachet
Spring Song
Starina

If it's not a mini & they pull their stock alphabetically, does anyone else think it resembles a young Distant Drums? That 4th photo is awfully 'mauvey'.

o

I'm thinking that it is an immature bloom on a new plant. The first bloom on many plants aren't "true" to a mature bloom. Contact Chamblee's, but I would also wait to see later blooms before deciding that it isn't DC.

o

Yes, that is what I thought too. That is why I posted 'Is this Dick Clark?' thread first.

However, the coloration is completely different. And Regan Nursery description says that the color of buds is black/red. I do not think that that can be cream/pale pink due to the young age.

I already sent an email to Chamblee's with pictures attached. Will wait for their response.

Thanks for all your suggestions! Will look at them at Chamblee's site and on the Internet.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, May 11, 12 at 16:26

Looking at that leaf size I'd say this wasn't a mini. But looking at Chamblee's web site the only one I could see that resembles it is Magic Carousel. Or maybe the polyantha, La Marne?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here