Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eilishp

I thought Sexy Rexy was pink....

eilishp
12 years ago

I'm standing here in the Lowe's garden center with five 1 1/5 gallon Sexy Rexy roses on my cart so excited bc they are very healthy and on sale for only $6 each! I have wanted this rose for a long time. The only problem is he buds are yellow with dark pink edges and the one opened bloom is a yellowish orangey pink mixture. I took a photo of the tag and bloom with my iPhone but don't know how to upload it. The blooms are pretty but definitely NOT the pink I've seen photos of. Is my perception of what Sexy Rexy is supposed to look like off base or are these mutants?

Comments (4)

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Or mislabeled? I don't know. As far as I know it's a pink rose and I don't recall ever seeing yellow in it.

• jacqueline9CA
    12 years ago

Check out SR on Help Me find - it is pink. However, there is one picture that shows buds and open flowers the colors you describe - the poster says this is a sport on his SR bush that is a different color from the rest of the bush. I would take yours home and plant it and see what it does!

Jackie

• eilishp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Turns out they were mislabeled, hence the price.

• Kippy
    12 years ago

I got a Sexy Rexy today from Home Depot for $6, might have to go back and get a second to fill another "hole" in the yard I was saving for a future project.

At $6 each they are more like annuals....But pretty ones!