Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Planting my last roses from Vintage Gardens today

Posted by DrPekeMom 10/sunset 22 (My Page) on
Tue, May 27, 14 at 11:00

And I am way sadder than I thought I was going to be. I have so many little gems in my garden because of Vintage Gardens. What a wonderful business that made such a difference to me. I am so grateful. The roses going into today are Cooper's Burmese and Goldfinch.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Planting my last roses from Vintage Gardens today

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Tue, May 27, 14 at 12:28

Please post pics when they bloom... :)

o

maybe give a list of what new ones you planted?

o

I think we will all be perusing our tear-stained Vintage catalogues this winter.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, May 27, 14 at 14:26

Give them a little shade. It's going to be pretty warm in 22 today.

o

• Posted by alameda 8 - East Texas (My Page) on
    Tue, May 27, 14 at 20:57

I have my next to last orders planted in pots and in partial shade - the next order to come will be the very last one - what a sad day that will be! I am planning a very larger parterre bed with birdbath in the middle to house these roses once they get ready to plant in the ground, along with all the others I have ordered the last couple of years. Will call it my Vintage Memorial Garden......it wont compensate for the huge loss of Vintage, but will be a place where I can enjoy them all together.....planning to have a vintage looking garden shed/grandchildren playhouse constructed, a hanging swing......Wish they would find some extras and have just one more release......still cant believe they are closing.
Judith

o

I planted one of my three final Vintage roses over the weekend, 'Frances Ashton'.

'Shower of Gold' and 'W. Freeland Kendrick' are in pots, waiting for me to prepare climber-sized spots for them.

Sad to lose Vintage, but rejoice that they were here and that we have such wonderful roses to enjoy in our gardens because of them.

o

very envious of those who can grow Cooper's Burmese, PekeM.....but Goldfinch is currently my absolute favourite, blooming this moment . Apart from its short bloom cycle, there is nothing to dislike about this gorgeous rose - utterly healthy with perfectly sized wee flowers....,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here