Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi All, Question about Rose Trees

Posted by cambel z6-7a DC (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 14 at 11:07

Good Morning everybody,

I had an order for an Angel Face rose tree. I just heard that the nursery cannot fill it.

They do have a Barbara Streisand Rose Tree. Now I have heard that this rose does not handle the East Coast humidity as well and can get more blackspot, like say New Zealand, but people I have also seen posts from people in places where it can get humid saying they are fine.

I really would like a Lavender tree rose, so does anybody have any experience with this rose in an east coast type summer?

Also, I get that some people hate the actual person the rose is named after but please just give me comments on how well this rose performs. It really is the only other tree rose of that color the nursery has and getting the cash refund sounds like a bit of a pain.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi All, Question about Rose Trees

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, May 2, 14 at 14:56

I can't think of anything that would get more black spot than Angel Face!

If you can find it I'd recommend Love Song. It had very good health for me last season and bloomed it's head off!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here