Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
blackspot - tebuconazole based sprays

Posted by henry_kuska z5 OH (kuska@neo.rr.com) on
Fri, May 23, 14 at 11:42

This appeared today:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/22/us-health-superbugs-global-idUSKBN0E21WT20140522

Why is this relevant to the title? See:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roses/msg051640323558.html

This post was edited by henry_kuska on Fri, May 23, 14 at 12:31

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: blackspot - tebuconazole based sprays

The link to the GW thread is not working--on my computer, anyway.

Kate

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Fri, May 23, 14 at 12:27

Link did not work for me either...

o

Thank you both. An "ell" was missing at the end. I corrected it.

o

Fri, May 23, 14 at 14:23

Thanks Henry...

I do not use chemical fungicides because I have a "Fear of the unknown" so to speak... No one has proven to me one way or another so I error on the side of caution.
That's my decision...
But I can not fault other people who may think differently because really nothing has been proven yet that I know of...

If they can prove the therory to be correct in which your articles speak then no doubt they will ban those types of sprays from the market someday...

I'm not going to argue one way or the other because I do not know the truth yet... So I personally will just continue to error on the side of caution...

o

The following was stated: "If they can prove the therory to be correct in which your articles speak then no doubt they will ban those types of sprays from the market someday... "

H.Kuska comment. It would be nice if we lived in a perfect world. The following statement appears in a very recent published, reviewed scientific paper. "This inconsistency between scientific fact and industrial claim may be attributed to huge economic interests, which have been found to falsify health risk assessments and delay health policy decisions [41]."

H.Kuska comment. Reference 41 is: "41. European Environment Agency. EEA Report. Copenhagen, Denmark: European Environment Agency; 2013. Late lessons from early warnings: science, precaution, innovation."

Regarding tebuconazole they state: "In fact, 8 formulations out of 9 were clearly on average several hundred times more toxic than their APs, ranging from 2-3 times more toxic for pirimicarb or prochloraz to 1056 times more toxic for tebuconazole. Results were similar for all cell types."

Here is a link that might be useful: link to recent scientific paper

o

Sat, May 24, 14 at 21:04

Good read Henry...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here