Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Rose to pick??

Posted by sullivan3 5a (Iowa) (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 14 at 11:56

I have wanted to plant a few roses but I am having such a hard time deciding on which one to pick. So I was hoping for some help...please!

I live in Iowa (z5) and would like the rose to be full of color all summer long (a lot of blooms). For color, I was thinking a deep orange or red or deep pink or...as you can tell I just don't know & ultimately I just want it to be bright & showy. The rose also probably has to be around 3-4ft to fit the space.

Some thoughts I had were Carefree Wonder, Livin Easy, Rosa Lady of Shalott, Laura Bush, Easy Does it, Louis Clements, Double Knockout and well I seem to go back and forth a lot.

Can anyone offer advice/insight/photos to help me choose between the roses or offer another rose I may not know of that would fit what I want? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Rose to pick??

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, May 2, 14 at 14:54

My recommendation would be Julia Child. She's a lovely bright yellow, blooms a ton, Is nicely fragrant, has very good disease resistance and is winter hardy. I think she would stay within your size requirements in your zone too.

o

Easy Does It, always gets gardeners top marks. Does well in most gardens. Here's a pic of mine.

o

I grew Livin Easy years ago. It was an excellent rose with a good repeat and nice coloring.

Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here