Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is going on with this KO?

Posted by Mari_88 7a (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 12 at 12:04

I am going to try and upload pictures as well but what isnt showing in the picture are the blooms. They look horrible! So terrible i took them all off before i thought to get a pic. The edges of each better are yellow and dry looking. The blooms look old the day they open. As you can see in the oicture lower leaves are bright yellow. I need advice as to what it is and what i should do. Im not big on chemicals so i would like to try natural stuff first.

I do have two ideas of my own. The first is frostbite might be the culprit. This KO got hit with two light frosts just over a week ago. BUT the yellow leaves showed up soon after I bought it i think because it was in too shady a spot at first. I have had it in the ground almost a month and it has put on a ton of new growth...and ugly blooms! Thanks for any advice or ideas!!

[IMG]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u439/Mari_1988/2012-05-03_19-04-58_110.jpg[/IMG]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is going on with this KO?

I copied the link, but just got "page not found". However, it does sound like freeze damage to me - a lot of roses leafed out early because of the weird weather, and then were caught by frosts. If you had it in a pot in too much shade, and just planted it a month ago, and it is putting out new growth, I would not worry about it. Just cut off the parts that look damaged from frost, and LEAVE IT ALONE for a while, just giving it adequate water. Presuming that you planted it where it gets sun, it should recuperate just fine.

Jackie

o

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u439/Mari_1988/2012-05-03_19-04-58_110.jpg
Maybe this will bring the picture up Jackie. It gets like 9 hours of direct sun now. If it blooms out ugly and old looking i will be sure to get a picture and post it. Im more concerned with the flowers than the leaves bc the new growth has almost hid all the yellow. Having just planted i dont want to lose it!

Thanks again!

o

Photobucket

Ok i figured out the picture thing! Pictures of the rotton flowers coming soon

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here