Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photo of Cl. Butterscotch/Jactan

Posted by James_Shaw Northern Calif. (My Page) on
Sat, May 24, 14 at 12:28

Cl. Butterscotch/Jactan is a favorite, but the color just seems wrong for butterscotch. I think butterscotch has more red in it than pictured. For example, Jell-O butterscotch pudding. Guess I�ll have to buy some butterscotch candy for comparison. Any opinions? By the way, the 1989 J&P catalog pictures their new Cl. Butterscotch, and the photo and description, in my opinion, doesn't look like my beautiful tan/yellow colored rose.

photo rose_butterscotch_may_2014_zps58a4fcb6.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photo of Cl. Butterscotch/Jactan

Whoops! Wrong date and Memorial Day before the 31st just seems wrong.

o

I think the rose looks like butterscotch, but more beautiful than the candy.

This post was edited by jasminerose4u on Sat, May 24, 14 at 14:42

o

Looks really close to my Cl. Butterscotch. Mine is a little more tan right now. I took a pic of it for on here, but then, couldn't seem to post the pic. Oh well! I think different times of year and diff zones contribute to the color. After many, many years, most friends love it. Beautiful rose form. And some just do not like the color. I love this rose. Thanks for posting yours

o

From Descanso gardens a few weeks ago:
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I plan on adding one

o

Looks right for JACtan to me. Rose pigments are so extremely variable, particularly the funny colors. While they CAN look about the same for long periods, they won't always. Yours looks just fine and well within the range of colors I've experienced on the plants I've grown. Kim

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, May 24, 14 at 18:32

I think it's beautiful and looks just like Butterscotch to me!

o

Mine's just getting large enough to let bloom. Starts out that yummy butterscotch color then gradually fades to parchment, then gray.

o

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. This is a truly beautiful rose, and a favorite.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here