Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vavoom photo

Posted by James_Shaw NorCalif. (My Page) on
Sun, May 20, 12 at 12:38

Vavoom seems to glow in the early morning light, and I thought that I'd share this beauty with the rest of you. Jim

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vavoom photo

One of my favorite roses and your picture is just lovely. Lesley

o

Pretty!

o

I thought Vavoom as a little bush! I had NO idea it got this big?! What a fabulous color. I vowed that any further replacement roses would NOT be HTs or GFs or Floribundas...but this guy has me very intrigued...

o

Oh! What a lovely picture of vavoom! So nice and tall and the foliage looks great too.

o

Wow, what a gorgeous flower! I had seen this one on an online catalog and it had me interested and now that I've seen your beauty this is going on my "want soon!" list :)

o

'Vavoom' would look great next to a 'Easy Does It', 'Tropicana' or 'Belinda's Dream'.

I will have to place an order!

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 18:07

Nice torii, too.

o

Lovely photo! What is the name of that pot? I had one once - lost it in a house fire [along with everything else]. I think I was told that it was to keep duck eggs in - there is a name for it, but it escapes me right now. Your photo makes me glad I have Vavoom coming this spring! I have seen it next to Ebb Tide and the colors are beyond fabulous! Thanks for sharing.
Judith

o

Thanks! I planted one a few months ago, and it's only about a foot tall. Didn't know it got that large, and I did put it in the right spot if it wants to grow like that.

o

Why is Vavoom so hard to find? I know a Home Depot sighting once in a while, but come on now, Queen Elizabeth, on the other hand is readily available at all the home improvement/garden centers.

o

Hi Everyone, Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Thanks for the kind words. That is indeed an egg pot. It comes from a small village not too far from Shanghai circa 1949. A pilot flew a number of them out--he had them stored outside Healdsburg in Wine Country. His son was selling them roughly 4 years ago for $115. I have a web site on old China so was delighted to add the pot to my small Asia collection. Thanks again, Jim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here