Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New rose bed at new house

Posted by KingCobb 9/TX (My Page) on
Wed, May 21, 14 at 14:25

Well I succeeded in moving all 45 roses to the new house last weekend. One of the beds we put in involved converting a 45x4 foot rock bed into a rose bed. Here are the before and after pics.

The roses aren't really pretty now due to all the cutting back for transplanting in may( I literally cutoff about 10 vertical feet of my Don Juan), but they and the lavender I am underplanting with seem to be doing well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New rose bed at new house

Wow! What a project! Thanks for the pic. DETERMINATION, is what I say!

o

Here is the current picture:

Roses planted from the back forward:
Lady Hillingdon Cimbing
Belinda's Dream
Chrysler Imperial
Lady of Shallot
Rosarium Utersen (Climber)
Easy Going
Ducher
Unknown light pink
Don Juan (Climber)
Lady Hillingdon (Bush)
Princess Anne
Abraham Darby
Falstaff
Zepherin Druhin
Grande Dame
Easy Living
Stainless Steel
Belinda's Dream
Legends

I believe that is all of them anyway.

o

Its amazing what you can do in a weekend. Moving the rocks to the other side of the sidewalk took forever. Then digging up and moving the roses from the old house to the new one took a while. The don juan about killed me, but that was nothing compared to the 6 year old Lady Banks that I dug up on Sunday and moved.

o

My back hurts just thinking about it. Congratulations on a job well done.

o

Yeah, most of the roses are doing great so far, a few are doing a great impersonation of blackspot, though I think they may just be dropping their leaves to adjust to the stress of the move and loss of roots. Probably should have cut some of em back a little more.

o

Great job! That's a lot of roses to tranplant. I'm with opheliathornvt, my back hurts thinking of all that work. Looks so much nicer with the roses, too.

o

• Posted by AquaEyes 7 New Brunswick, NJ (My Page) on
    Thu, May 22, 14 at 18:53

Wonderful! So now the obvious question -- what will you plant in the rocky border on the other side?

:-)

~Christopher

o

Not anytime soon. We have a bunch of succulents we might plant. The whole front of the house has a bunch of roses as well.

o

I really like it. Next spring that fence line should be covered in roses.

o

Awesome! It looks like it'll be amazing when everything has had a couple of years to grow.

o

Pretty side yard. It needed to be brought to life with your roses.
I have started designing my side yard.

o

You are amazing to get that all done in one weekend! It looks fabulous, and I hope you post some pictures later when it has filled out and blossomed.

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Sat, May 24, 14 at 20:16

Great job and so quickly! :)

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, May 24, 14 at 21:20

Sheesh! I'm tired just thinking about all that work! It looks marvelous though! Can't wait to see pictures of it in bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here