o
Yeeehaw...posting some pics!

Posted by dolzadell 7 (My Page) on
Sat, May 12, 12 at 16:21

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yeeehaw...posting some pics!

Very good. Now one last detail--the Rose Gallery is where most pictures are posted, especially if we are just kinda showing off our beautiful roses. You can post pics on this gallery too, but here they tend to be more to illustrate a problem -- like what is wrong with this leaf, what is eating it, etc. And sometimes this thread moves so fast with questions and responses that it is kinda hard to keep track of the pictures--another reason to post pics on the Rose Gallery instead--it moves slower.

But no one will shoot you if you post in the "wrong" thread. LOL

Kate

o

Oops, didn't know there was a Rose Gallery, but you guys are fun, don't wanna leave.

Thanks for help with pictures, thank you everyone for help. It was easy once I saw the pointy brackets and hit share. Its a little more complicated than attaching to email of facebook huh?

Julie

o

Can i ask what you are going to use the section between the roses and the fence and trees?

I would guess that on a hot day that might be a nice shady place. Maybe you need some kind of Arch to break up the row of roses, something pretty growing up both sides and a cool little private sitting area?

o

I like that sitting area idea - kind of a secret spot behind the roses and before the trees. I really enjoy the pictures - didn't know there was a rose gallery either and would have never thought to look there for your follow up photos. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

o

The area behind the trees is for easy mowing on the riding mower. The rest of the yard in front of the rose row is shaded by 3 huge maple trees for shade.

I am thinking about having 2 arbors on each end of the row of bushes shaped in a V to grow some climbers and have flowers in the middle of the V. I have bought 2 New Dawn climbers and want another darker pink to kind of twine together to bring all into harmony the light and dark pinks of the knockouts.
The knock outs being lower to the ground and the height of the arbors and the light and darker pinks to kind of 'match together' if that makes sense :)

I love the idea of putting out a hose to get a shape. Smart thinking! I don't want a straight line. I also like the idea of the bulbs in front for spring color.

Hey, what if an arbor was put in the middle of the row of knockouts so it kind of looks like its a opening into the area of the fenced tree line?

WOW, you guys really are getting me thinking!

I know I want the New Dawn climbers but what would your suggestions be for the darker pink climbers?

Remember, I am totally new to rose growing.

Julie

o

wrong got it all wrong...those trees you see there will block out much of the sun

o

"Hey, what if an arbor was put in the middle of the row of knockouts so it kind of looks like its a opening into the area of the fenced tree line? "

Absolutely lovely notion - trompe l'oeil ;-))))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here